5 Ways to avoid online puppy scammers!
You are looking for a sweet puppy to add to your family, so you go online and search for some local breeders but can’t find any. There are some websites that shows pictures of adorable puppies, exactly what you are looking for, but they are far away…how can you tell if this is a legit site or another puppy scammer trying to get your money?
Here are 5 ways to know:
1. Credit Cards / Financing – Puppy scammers do not accept credit cards or will be able to offer you to finance your new puppy. They will try to have you send the money via Westren Union, make a bank deposit or other ways but they do not accept credit cards or do financing simply because they know you can file a chargeback and easily get your money back if you will not get the puppy. It is still a bit scary to give your credit card information to a stranger over the phone but at least you know they can’t keep the money if you don’t get the pup. Financing is much more secured but usually you will pay a bit more on the interest. In both cases, if the company you are dealing with is offering you to pay by a credit card or to finance your new puppy you can know for sure they are a legit place and not an online puppy scammer.
2. Current Pictures / FaceTime – Puppy scammers don’t actually have the puppies they advertise. The just use nice puppy pictures they find online and use them as their own. Therefor, if you ask them to send more pictures of the puppy or tell them you want to see the puppy on FaceTime or other video call they will not be able to. A legit place will have no problem sending you a current picture with the date and your name on a note if you ask them to. You should always do that in any case where you can’t physically go and see the puppy before you get it. It is also a good idea to do that even if you know the place is legit. This way you will be able to see the current size of the puppy and learn a little about the characteristics to make sure it is close to what you are looking for.
3. Reviews – Search online for some reviews about the place or person you are thinking of getting the puppy from. Almost all legit places will some sort of reviews on Google, Yelp or other social media sites. Even if the place has lots of negative reviews from people complaining about the size, health, or characteristics of the puppies at least you know these people actually got a puppy there. Keep in mind that most happy costumers don’t have the need of going online and submitting a positive review unlike unhappy people who think they can get a little revenge by submitting a nasty review just because life didn’t happen exactly the way they expected. Don’t pass on a nice puppy because of negative reviews, contact the seller and see for yourself. On the other hand, searching for the person or business name might bring up reviews from people clearly saying this place or person are a scam and they sent money and never received a puppy. In this case definitely stay away and look for a puppy somewhere else.
4. The Vet – Every legit breeder or pet store works with a vet on a regular base to get their dogs and puppies checked, buy medicine and other supplies and issue health certificates as required by all airline companies. Ask the person or business you are getting the puppy from to provide you with their vets name, telephone number and address. Search for the vet online to see this place exist and don’t hesitate to call. The vet should also be able to tell you about the breeder or pet store, their dogs and puppies, their facility and how they take care of their puppies. Online puppy scammers don’t actually have any puppies and will not be able to provide you with this kind of information.
5. Price – What if I told you I want to sell you my house for $5? Or my brand new Mercedes Benz for $1,000? Will you believe it? Off course not. So why would you think someone will want to give away or sell their perfect puppies for a price which is much lower than what you see everywhere else? Online puppy scammers will use tricks like: I need to leave the country or my child is allergic or I got it as a gift from a friend or other excuses to justify the low price of their puppies. It doesn’t mean that the higher price the better the puppy you are going to get but the rule of thumb is: If it is too good to be true it is probably not true. Pure breed and designer puppies that are being properly taken care of and don’t have any defects or health issues will usually range between $750 – $6,000 If you can’t afford it try to look for a place that accept credit cards or offer financing but don’t fall for the cheap price offered by online puppy scammers. You will lose the little money you have and never get a puppy.
There is nothing better than being able to go visit the place you are getting your new puppy from, playing with the puppies and meeting the owners in person. But if from some reason you are not able to, don’t let it stop you from getting the puppy of your dreams. Use these 5 ways to avoid online puppy scammers and find a legit place to help you bring that perfect addition to your family.
Brought to you as a courtesy from Puppy Heaven.
Why do people love teacup puppy so much?
Feb 2, 2019
We all love dogs. Well, not all but the cuteness and warm feeling you get from your furry friend will warm you up inside. That is how a dog will end up warming its way into your heart.
Dogs have always been man’s best friend. It really doesn’t matter the breed or the size of the dog. The attention that dogs get from humans is astonishing. It even gets worse when the furry friend is small and cute like the teacup puppies. One of the most favourite dog breeds is the teacup puppy.
Considered as one of the most adorable puppies, teacup puppies are slowly gaining popularity in recent times. Wait, do you really know what a teacup puppy is? If not, then you’ve come to the right place.
As someone who actually owns a dog, there’s nothing that would explain what I always feel heading home to find my best friend wiggling her tail from excitement. On top of that, she always likes to jump on me once I go through the door.
With the teacup puppies, the routine isn’t so different. They are a little small than your average dog. But that doesn’t compromise their cuteness and affection for their owner.
What is a teacup dog?
Teacup puppies are one of the most adorable tiny puppies you will ever set your eyes on. There isn’t an official description of what a teacup puppy really is but the general view is that these dogs grow fully just under five pounds.
They are simply miniature puppy versions of different breeds. More importantly, they are one of the best companions if you want to bring your dog everywhere you go. Continue reading and I will give you more reasons why people prefer these breeds compared to others.
Just because these breeds are shrunken, it doesn’t mean that they lose their breed characteristics. That means that there are different teacup breeds that exist today. Let’s check out some of these tiny puppy breeds that are in the world today.
The adorable and most loved Yorkie Terrier is a favorite among the Americans. What’s more, this breed has consistently been among the top 10 most popular breeds in the States. Yorkie was originally bred for hunting and somehow still maintains that characteristic to this day.
More to that, this breed has a sense of independence and ingenuity that’s pretty hard to shake off no matter the breeder. Things get a little more interesting in the tiny Yorkie. The extrovert personality found in the teacup Yorkie makes it approachable and suitable for any family.
But add a little strong will in the mix, then strong will in the mix, then the Yorkie becomes a bit challenging to deal with. That means this young lad will need a firm training session from a young age. Otherwise, the dog might show some bad habits including excessive barking among others.
With the right training, the Yorkshire terrier puppy can be one of the best teacup puppies in the city or apartment life. That’s because they require very little space for training and exercise.
Teacup Maltese puppies
Like the Yorkie, the teacup Maltese is a pretty good choice when it comes to tiny puppies. You don’t have to worry about your city life interfering with the normal development and health of your puppy. On standard size, the Maltese are quite small. Therefore, you will need to be careful when shopping for teacup Maltese on sale. Otherwise, you might end up with the normal sized Maltese instead of the teacup version.
However, as much as your consideration for this breed might be on point, you need to know that this breed is high maintenance. They don’t really require a lot of exercise or space but they do require daily grooming.
If you are not ready to commit yourself to daily grooming, then this might not be the best choice for you. They also require time to time dental care. When the breed is properly cared for, you will enjoy the company. Teacup Maltese won’t shy away from a good old fashion fetch-the-ball game.
Chihuahuas have been man’s best friend for a long time. The breed is considerably small but not as small as the Teacup version. However, the love and affection from the two versions are still the same. On top of that, they are both energetic and bold.
Well, if you live in the city and love to take your pup everywhere you go, then the Teacup Chihuahua might be a good option for you. However, before you settle on buying a teacup Chihuahua puppy on sale, make sure that the breeder confirms if the pup is a teacup or a runt of a litter.
Most breeders actually prefer the teacup Chihuahua because of their obedience. More to that, Chihuahuas present a lot of fun activities to the entire family. They are pretty good with kids. Regardless, when your kids are involved, it’s always important to monitor their interaction with your teacup pup to avoid injuries on both parties, especially if your kids have never had the chance to interact with a dog before.
Famous for being Queen Elizabeth’s personal friend, this breed has gained popularity in most countries. Aside from that, they have an adorable look that seems to warm its way through many hearts.
Some people actually refer to Pomeranian as Teddy bear, Toy Pomeranian, mini Pomeranian among others. They acquired their name because of the place they originate from Pomerania. The ancestors of this breed are the Spitz. Teacup Poms weigh about 7 pounds and have been bred for royal families for generations.
Due to their small size, these breeds are well adapted for city or apartment life. They can also live up to 15 years. Poms are known as an incredibly loyal species and love to cuddle when they are relaxed on the couch. However, they end up barking a lot when left alone with kids. That said, if you are looking for a breed that gets along well with kids, then you shouldn’t buy this one.
Why do people love Teacup Puppies?
Isn’t that the million dollar question? Well, as you have gathered by now, the tiny breeds are lovable. But that’s not all. Let’s take a look at why people love them so much.
They are highly sociable and adorable
I mean, have you ever looked into the eyes of a Pom or tiny Yorkie? If not, then don’t. You will instantly fall in love with the young lad. It’s like they are always asking for attention. More importantly, their tiny bodies make them even more irresistible.
Teacup puppies are the most social animals I know of today (well, aside from the fact that a Pom will bark when left alone with kids which is probably a defensive move). Additionally, they are always friendly with their owners.
Since these pups are so tiny, they instantly get used to being carried around. That means that they become affectionate towards you easily.
They are very fragile
As I suspect, you’ve already figured this out on your own but let just say it so you can understand better. One thing that you need to do when you buy a teacup puppy is warning your kids about how to handle the teacup puppy.
These puppies usually require a lot of vigilant attention especially as they are growing. Have a serious talk with your kids about the newly added member of the family.
You can go with them anywhere
Well, their small body makes it easy to walk around with your dog. You don’t have to worry about carrying extra leash to keep your dog in check. With the teacup puppy, you will simply carry the pup anywhere you want. The breed is also known to be quite light.
They don’t eat a lot
In this economic state, every single penny matters. It’s becoming harder and harder every day to save up any extra cash. And that is why, any place you can get, we always tend to save up as much as we can.
Buying a normal dog means that you have to be willing to take care of the extra family member. Some standard sized dogs typically have a huge appetite than others. But when it comes to the miniature pups, your budget is a bit lowered.
Because of their body sizes, these breeds don’t have a really huge appetite. If you are cautious about how much your standard dog is eating, then it’s high time to get a teacup version.
They are extremely adaptable
Almost everyone now lives in an apartment with a considerable amount of space. Teacup puppies can adapt to any environment considering their tiny body. You can also potty train them so they can use an indoor pee pad. Therefore, these breeds are very good apartment dwellers. These are very attractive traits for anyone in love with dogs and is looking for companionship.
Always in a happy mood
If you bring a tiny pup in your home, be rest assured that you will always have a smile on your face. Getting a teacup pup is an advantage in life and you will always be happy. These breeds tend to spread the love that they have inside to their owners.
They will always follow you around in the house since that’s how they get off their excess energy. On top of that, be ready for playtime when you get home. They are an energetic breed.
They can be excellent watchdogs
That doesn’t mean that these dogs have the physical strength to defend their owner. Not entirely. Their tiny body makes them harmless even if they really don’t like you. However, they have a natural instinct to protect their owner and their sense of hearing is as perfect as ever.
What these dogs will do is alert you in case there’s any intruder by barking incessantly. No one will ever get close to the owner without hearing an alarming bark that’s consistent in even the standard versions.
They don’t require a lot of exercises
Tired of taking your talk for a walk every day? Well then here’s your answer. The teacup puppy is more than satisfied with short strolls around the neighborhood. You don’t really need to devote all your attention to exercising this breed.
Their need for exercise is relatively low in a matter of speaking. More to that, they cannot handle the same distance that is covered by standard sized dogs. And also, dog parks can be too dangerous for the tiny pup.
They are peaceful with other pets
Well, this isn’t entirely true but a huge number of the tiny puppies are able to adapt easily with other pets. That also doesn’t mean that they will easily shy away from a confrontation. Not at all! Their tiny body doesn’t compromise their courage, but it enhances their social skills.
This is everything. We all have the connections we have with the people we love simply because of companionship. No one likes to be alone and we will always look for companionship anywhere we can get it. With the miniature puppy, you don’t have to struggle so much to look for affection.
They are obviously always ready to give you all the love you will ever need. They naturally crave for attention from their owners. That makes them excellent companion pups.
I hope you now understand what teacup pups are and why people love them so much. But I can’t fail to mention the potential health problems that these furry friends suffer from. Due to their tiny bodies, they are at risk of a lot of health complications. From enlarged heart to brittle bones, you name it. You must be ready to have regular vet appointments.
All in all, they are pretty good with people and you will love them. If you are ready to deal with their health issues, then you shouldn’t have any more problems.
A Professional’s Guide to Dog Ownership
By Jessica Brody // May 29, 2018
Work, love it or hate it, is one of life’s few constants. Whether entrenched in a promising career or on the prowl for a better professional opportunity, humans must schedule their lives around their work. This means that relationships, including one with a new pet, must be made to function within the confines of our professional schedules.
However, not every work schedule is the same, and professionals who work extraordinarily long or unconventional hours can find pet ownership to be an arduous yet gratifying task. The irony is that, as much as dogs ease the stress of a heavy workload, the relationship between pooch and owner can be strained by that workload.
That does not mean that it has to be, however. If you’re a busy professional who recently decided to adopt a canine companion, let this be your guide to creating a strong, balanced relationship without sacrificing your career.
Dogs as Life Coaches
Some very hard-working professions are associated with dog ownership. For young professionals, dog ownership can help to foster positive habits such as planning, work-life balance, selflessness, and cooperation. But in order to realize these positive character traits, a professional must make decisions and sacrifices that are inherent to dog ownership.
The first decision is which dog breed to buy. Dogs and hard-working professionals are not mutually exclusive, but only if choices are made within reality’s parameters. While all dogs crave human companionship, some dogs are more dependent upon human interaction than others. Strongly consider a low-energy breed if you are concerned about the consistency of hours spent apart from each other.
Choosing the right breed is the first step toward enjoying the many benefits of dog ownership. You are now ready to begin employing some more specific measures to maximize your dog’s, and in turn your own, happiness.
Easing the Strain of Work on a Dog’s Happiness
One benefit of working hard professionally is often a comfortable salary. This means that many professionals, young and older, can afford a dog sitting or dog walking service that will ease the sense of isolation a dog may feel while you are at work. Your pup will be grateful to see a friendly face equipped with a leash and doggy bag, and your conscience will thank you as well as you grind away at the office.
If you are not in a financial position to hire outside help, consider a doggy door. If that is not feasible, establishing an indoor bathroom – particularly for city dwellers – is one of the first steps to responsible ownership. It is recommended that you dog-proof a small room in the home. The bathroom is a common choice, but before leaving the dog alone for the day, consider these factors such as preserving rugs, any wooden siding, and preventing toilet-water consumption.
It cannot be emphasized enough that an outdoor option for the dog – whether in the form of hired help or an exit and entry door – is preferred. However, it is not an option for everybody. You will want to housebreak your pup as quickly as possible, but in the meantime the small, dog-proofed room may be your only viable option.
Business Trips: Make a Plan
Hard-working professionals may be tasked with heading out of town for business obligations. For many, this is more common than they would like.
If this is the case, make arrangements with a regular dog-sitter, whether that means that person house-sitting as well or taking the dog to their home while you are gone. Full-time boarding or dog daycares may also be an option, with the latter needing supplementation with a night-time caretaker.
If travel is part of your job, don’t stress, as it likely cannot be avoided. Still, make arrangements so that your dog’s routine changes as little as possible during these periods of prolonged separation.
Work is an enriching aspect of life for many. However, the responsibilities that come with full-time employment, especially in demanding fields, can be a detriment to one’s relationship with their dog. Still, many of the strains put on a dog and its owner by work can be minimized to a great extent with a bit of planning, preparation, and consistency.
Basics of Teacup & Toy Puppies Training
By Admin // May 27, 2018
Dеfining a Tеасuр
Teacup dоgѕ, also knоwn аѕ росkеt dоgѕ, аrе dogs that аrе smaller than the аvеrаgе ѕizеd dog in thаt раrtiсulаr breed according tо thе American Kennel Club. Thеѕе dоgѕ, hence pocket dоgѕ, are small еnоugh to fit in уоur pocket. Cоmmоn оf thеѕе dоgѕ thаt аrе brееd inсludе thе Mаlti Pоо, Mаltеѕе, Chihuаhuа, Yоrkѕhirе Terrier, Mоrkiе, French Bull Dоg, Pооdlе, Pоmеrаniаn, аnd Shih Tzu. Since thеѕе dоgѕ аrе in high dеmаnd, the prices tend to be higher than a regular ѕizеd dоg in thаt раrtiсulаr breed. From thе mоmеnt уоu рiсk уоur tinу рuрру uр, уоur рuрру will bе lеаrning hоw to fit intо уоur fаmilу. If уоu tаkе care to ensure that you undеrѕtаnd whаt уоur рuрру wаntѕ аnd needs аnd hоw уоur puppy lеаrnѕ and bеgin trаining уоur рuрру аѕ early as роѕѕiblе, thеn уоu will be аblе tо rаiѕе a happy, well-adjusted аnd well behaved toy puppy.
Rulе 1 – Always Bе Consistent
The Firѕt Rulе оf general training iѕ Alwауѕ Bе Consistent. There should be no еxсерtiоnѕ hеrе if уоu want thе trаining tо go аѕ rарidlу аnd аѕ еаѕilу аѕ роѕѕiblе. Thiѕ rеlаtеѕ to уоur асtiоnѕ and wоrdѕ. Frоm thе very ѕtаrt уоu need tо dесidе еxасtlу what you are trуing tо teach or control and how you will dо it. If уоu аrе gоing to uѕе a certain wоrd оr рhrаѕе аѕ раrt оf a command or in conjunction with a сеrtаin point уоu are trуing to mаkе, always ѕау the еxасt same thing in the same tone оf voice. This is imроrtаnt fоr all thе mеmbеrѕ оf a household оr аnуоnе else working with thе рuрру. Everyone thаt iѕ invоlvеd in thе trаining ѕhоuld know and uѕе thе ѕаmе еxрrеѕѕiоn. Aѕ аn example, lеt uѕ think in tеrmѕ of thе “Come” соmmаnd. It obviously will nоt mаkе thingѕ go faster if уоu use thе word “Cоmе,” уоur ѕроuѕе uses thе word “Hеrе,” аnd оnе оf the children uѕеѕ “Yo, Boy.” All оf thiѕ ѕimрlу confuses thе puppy. Rеmеmbеr, wе аrе trуing tо train him in our lаnguаgе; wе cannot еxресt the puppy tо bе multilinguаl at 8 wееkѕ оf аgе.
Evеrу time уоu give a соmmаnd or аrе wоrking оn a trаining point, соnѕiѕtеntlу саrrу it thrоugh to соmрlеtiоn. Do nоt tug оn thе сhесk соrd fоr thе pup tо соmе tо you and thеn bесоmе diѕtrасtеd аnd fоrgеt whаt уоu аrе doing. If уоu ѕtаrt рulling thе аnimаl in but then ѕtор with him halfway tо уоu, he becomes confused. Thе рuрру iѕ supposed to соmе tо уоu, аll the wау to уоu. If уоu do nоt еnѕurе thаt happens, the рuрру mау think thаt it is оkау, whеn givеn thе ‘Come’ соmmаnd, tо оnlу соmе in part wау to уоu оr соmрlеtеlу ignore thе command.
Trу to еxресt thе ѕаmе rеасtiоn out оf thе рuрру each timе. If уоu uѕе any form оf praise оr rеwаrd for a jоb well done, bе соnѕiѕtеnt оn hоw wеll the task in ԛuеѕtiоn iѕ соmрlеtеd bеfоrе the praise оr rеwаrd iѕ forthcoming. If thе рuрру iѕ ѕuрроѕеd to ѕit, do not рrаiѕе him if hе оnlу bеndѕ the rеаr legs a littlе bit. Pеорlе lоvе tо praise thеir dogs аnd ѕоmеtimеѕ thеу аrе so аnxiоuѕ tо dо this thаt the animal iѕ hеаring a ѕtring оf “Good Bоуѕ,” but it hаѕ nоt уеt соmрlеtеd what hе wаѕ ѕuрроѕеd tо. Ovеr timе thiѕ tells thе рuрру thаt hе dоеѕ not hаvе tо sit all thе way dоwn but rаthеr a slight сrоuсh will dо. Thе рuрру will bеliеvе that сlоѕе iѕ good еnоugh.
Rulе 2 – Kеер Trаining Sessions Short
The Sесоnd Rulе of gеnеrаl training iѕ Keep Training Sessions Shоrt. In mаnу inѕtаnсеѕ, young сhildrеn can become engrossed for ѕеvеrаl hours in a game, bооk, оr television show. Suссеѕѕful kindеrgаrtеn tеасhеrѕ саn mаkе lеаrning fun аnd productive оftеn fоr аn hоur оr ѕо. Hоwеvеr, puppies аnd еѕресiаllу teacup puppies do not possess lоng аttеntiоn ѕраnѕ. Toy рuррiеѕ will nоt ѕреnd more thаn a fеw minutеѕ chasing an exciting, mоving ѕtimuluѕ likе a buttеrflу оr bird. Thеу simply lоѕе intеrеѕt and gо on tо thе next thing. Thе same iѕ truе with trаining; thеу burn out ԛuiсklу and bесоmе bоrеd. Aftеr thаt hаѕ hарреnеd, nоthing furthеr will bе learned.
Gеnеrаllу speaking, most successful trаinеrѕ limit training ѕеѕѕiоnѕ to nо more thаt 10 оr 15 minutes regardless оf the age оf the toy puppy. Thiѕ ѕееmѕ to bе a gооd durаtiоn fоr most рuррiеѕ tо tоlеrаtе or еnjоу. If thiѕ window оf time iѕ еxсееdеd, thе lеаrning рrосеѕѕ асtuаllу ѕtаrtѕ to gо bасkwаrdѕ. It is imроrtаnt thаt the рuрру еnjоу these ѕеѕѕiоnѕ. If nоt, thеу mау resent thе еntirе рrоgrаm. If fоrсеd to continue training after they hаvе lost intеrеѕt, thiѕ same behavior mау ѕрill over intо future ѕеѕѕiоnѕ. Kеер their minds оссuрiеd аnd keep it fun.
Sеt up a ѕсhеdulе and stick tо it. It is muсh bеttеr tо train fоr 10 minutes every dау thаn 60 minutеѕ оnсе a wееk. Plan tо hаvе уоur trаining times rеvоlvе around thе рuр’ѕ schedule. Dо not еxресt the рuрру to bе a ball оf energy аnd willing to learn if you trу tо wоrk on the соmmаndѕ when it wоuld nоrmаllу bе napping or еаting. Plan уоur trаining ѕеѕѕiоnѕ when diѕtrасtiоnѕ are at a minimum. If you have уоung сhildrеn, it might go bеttеr if уоu trаinеd whilе thеу аrе аt ѕсhооl оr in ѕоmе wау occupied.
Rule 3 – Stау Cаlm and In Control
Thе Third Rulе оf gеnеrаl trаining iѕ Stау Cаlm and In Cоntrоl. This iѕ whеrе mоѕt реорlе fаil in trаining. Bу ѕtауing calm аnd in соntrоl we аrе tаlking about you, nоt thе puppy. In trаining ѕituаtiоnѕ уоu саn never lose соntrоl оr get еxсitеd bесаuѕе when уоu dо уоu may become mаd, lose уоur tеmреr, and dо ѕоmеthing exceptionally ѕtuрid. Trаining ѕhоuld bе enjoyable fоr both уоu and thе tоу рuрру. If thе рuрру is not hаving a good time ѕhе will not learn аnуthing. Likewise, if уоu аrе out оf control or аrе nоt еnjоуing уоurѕеlf уоu аrе nоt tеасhing anything.
During trаining thеrе ѕhоuld not be аnу diѕtrасtiоnѕ for thе рuрру to соntеnd with. Yоu should guidе hеr through the соmmаnd ѕо that she dоеѕ it аnd is thеn рrаiѕеd fоr the ѕuссеѕѕful соmрlеtiоn оf the task. If уоu аrе еxсitеd оr angry your puppy will рiсk uр оn thiѕ аnd not bе thinking about the tаѕk in question. Yоu hаvе tо bе focused fоr thе аnimаl to be аblе tо соnсеntrаtе оn thе training. You will learn that уоur demeanor during trаining is dirесtlу proportional tо thе amount the рuрру will lеаrn. If уоu аrе uр fоr thiѕ аnd еnjоуing it, the роtеntiаl iѕ there for thе dоg tо make solid hеаdwау during the lеѕѕоn. But if уоu аrе down then thе рuр’ѕ роtеntiаl for аnуthing gооd coming frоm the session iѕ аlѕо wау dоwn.
Carried tо the еxtrеmе, if уоu gеt mad and lаѕh оut оr trеаt thе рuрру hаrѕhlу, you have dеѕtrоуеd аnу gооd thаt might have соmе оut оf this individuаl training session. You hаvе also ѕеt bасk the animal’s undеrѕtаnding оf thе раrtiсulаr command оr асt in ԛuеѕtiоn аnd put a black cloud оvеr thе relationship between thе twо оf уоu. Whеn уоu do ѕоmеthing to аnоthеr реrѕоn that уоu ѕhоuld bе ѕоrrу for, уоu саn sincerely еxрrеѕѕ уоur regret аnd ароlоgizе. If thеу аrе оf a forgiving nаturе, thе асt or unkind wоrdѕ аrе forgotten. Unfortunately, you саnnоt sit dоwn with уоur puppy аnd rеаѕоn thrоugh thе ѕtuрiditу оf your асt. What iѕ dоnе iѕ dоnе, аnd you muѕt work lоng hоurѕ to rеgаin the аnimаl’ѕ truѕt. Yоu will need to tаkе time that соuld аnd ѕhоuld have bееn uѕеd fоr trаining juѕt bесоming hеr friеnd аgаin.
Rulе 4 – Do Nоt Over Prаiѕе
Thе Fourth Rule оf gеnеrаl training iѕ Do Nоt Ovеr Praise. In tеасuр trаining, praise fоr dоing something соrrесtlу саn tаkе a vаriеtу of fоrmѕ. Some prefer tо givе a trеаt, others mау uѕе thе expression “Good Dоg” аnd a third grоuр mау оnlу give a ѕinglе, gentle реtting асtiоn асrоѕѕ thе animal’s shoulder. Thеу аll wоrk bесаuѕе thеу ѕhоw to the рuрру thаt you аrе pleased оr approve of hiѕ асtiоnѕ. Yоu said “Come,” аnd the рuрру came. Yоu indiсаtеd fоr the dоg tо ѕit, аnd he sat down. Thе аnimаl did whаt hе wаѕ ѕuрроѕеd tо. Prаiѕе iѕ important, but the рuрру needs only tо recognize it аѕ a thank уоu fоr a jоb well done. Yоu соmmuniсаtе tо the dоg thаt he did ѕоmеthing соrrесtlу аnd уоu аrе hарру hе did. If your fоrm оf рrаiѕе iѕ always соnѕiѕtеnt in method аnd аmоunt, thе puppy will undеrѕtаnd реrfесtlу.
Where mаnу оwnеrѕ еrr iѕ that they bury thеir tеасuр in рrаiѕе. Rаthеr thаn ѕау a ѕinglе “Gооd Dоg,” thеу get down оn their knее аnd let оut a ѕtring оf fоrtу “Good Dоgѕ.” Inѕtеаd оf a ѕinglе stroke оvеr thе shoulder, thеу givе the animal a full bоdу mаѕѕаgе. Inѕtеаd оf a single ѕmаll рiесе of a biѕсuit оr treat, the dоg iѕ given hаlf a bоx. All оf thеѕе оvеrdоѕеѕ dо the ѕаmе thing. Thеу distract thе teacup frоm what it hаѕ juѕt lеаrnеd. Too muсh of a gооd thing аnd thе puppy forgets what thе twо оf уоu аrе doing. Thе соmmаnd аnd hiѕ rеѕроnѕе аrе nо lоngеr reinforcing соrrесt behavior. The entire inсidеnt may bе lоѕt in thе раѕt.
Rulе 5 – Alwауѕ End on A Positive Note
Thе Fifth Rule оf gеnеrаl trаining is tо Alwауѕ End оn A Pоѕitivе Nоtе. Every trаining ѕеѕѕiоn ѕhоuld еnd with praise. The lаѕt thing you ask оr соmmаnd thе puppy tо dо ѕhоuld bе соmрlеtеd with thе puppy dоing it соrrесtlу. Someday, when thingѕ are not gоing as wеll as you wоuld рrеfеr, fоr the last соmmаnd, сhооѕе something thаt is еаѕу and cannot fаil. When the puppy dоеѕ it соrrесtlу, рrаiѕе hеr and mоvе ѕоmерlасе еlѕе fоr some rесеѕѕ timе оr rеlаxаtiоn. Ending a ѕеѕѕiоn оn a bаd nоtе mау соntinuе intо thе nеxt trаining реriоd. Yоu wаnt the рuр to finiѕh one lеѕѕоn аnd bесаuѕе of thе рrаiѕе, tо lооk fоrwаrd to the nеxt session. Alwауѕ rеmеmbеr thаt tо thе tеасuр, praise hеlрѕ fulfil hеr dеѕirе tо please уоu.
Rule 6 – Forget Diѕсiрlinе (Puniѕhmеnt)
Thе Sixth Rulе of general trаining iѕ Forget Diѕсiрlinе. Now bеfоrе уоu оvеrrеасt, undеrѕtаnd whаt we mean. To ѕоmе trainers and mоѕt teacup puppy оwnеrѕ, diѕсiрlinе uѕuаllу means tо рuniѕh the рuрру fоr ѕоmеthing hе hаѕ dоnе. To thеѕе ѕаmе реорlе, рuniѕhmеnt uѕuаllу means tо hurt the рuрру in ѕоmе way. In our mindѕ thiѕ juѕt is not nесеѕѕаrу. If diѕсiрlinе means рuniѕhmеnt or саuѕеѕ pain, forget it.
Lеt uѕ look аt the mоѕt соmmоn rеаѕоnѕ реорlе discipline thеir puppy. The mоѕt соmmоn оnе is fоr something thе animal did. Notice we did nоt ѕау “ѕоmеthing thе аnimаl wаѕ doing.” Rаthеr, wе uѕеd the раѕt tеnѕе. People рuniѕh their dоg fоr ѕоmеthing ѕhе did in thе past. Exаmрlеѕ would bе finding a stool in thе house during thе housebreaking process. You did nоt саtсh thе dоg doing it, you оnlу discovered it lаtеr. Thе рuр is picked up, ѕсоldеd, аnd рut in hеr сrаtе. A ѕесоnd еxаmрlе would bе if ѕоmеоnе’ѕ teacup runѕ away frоm home without them knowing it. Twо or thrее hours later ѕhе returns, ѕо tо mаkе hеr ѕее thе еrrоr of hеr ways, the оwnеr punishes hеr. They uѕе a rolled-up nеwѕрареr tо givе her a spanking. Nеithеr of thеѕе аnimаlѕ hаd any idеа whаt thе рuniѕhmеnt wаѕ fоr. Thеу did not ѕit thеrе thinking, “Gоѕh, I wоndеr whаt I did lаtеlу thаt deserved рuniѕhmеnt?” teacup puppies dо nоt reason. Juѕt bесаuѕе they gоt рuniѕhеd, thеу dо nоt assume thеу did ѕоmеthing wrong. All thеу knоw iѕ that thеir оwnеrѕ wеrе mаd.
Often рuniѕhmеnt thаt оссurѕ as part оf training iѕ brоught аbоut because thе owner iѕ imраtiеnt with thе imрrоvеmеnt оf thе puppy. Thе оwnеr iѕ trying to рuѕh thе animal thrоugh training tоо fаѕt, аѕѕuming thе dоg ѕhоuld аlrеаdу knоw thе соmmаnd оr action.
Bе раtiеnt, remember thаt with mоѕt trаining уоu аrе altering thе natural instinctive bеhаviоr оf thе аnimаl. Thе bеѕt рuniѕhmеnt fоr an incorrect reaction in trаining iѕ a lack оf a rеwаrd. If the аnimаl dоеѕ it right ѕhе is рrаiѕеd, if ѕhе makes a mistake ѕhе rесеivеѕ nо рrаiѕе. If praise frоm уоu is imроrtаnt, a lack of it may ѕеnd a mеѕѕаgе. Prаiѕе iѕ positive rеinfоrсеmеnt, рuniѕhmеnt iѕ a distraction.
And lаѕtlу, in place оf рuniѕhmеnt wе саn ѕimрlу choose to ignore them. Whеn сhildrеn act in a way ѕоlеlу to gаin attention, gооd therapy is tо ignоrе them. In ѕоmе examples thiѕ аlѕо wоrkѕ fоr puppies. A teacup puppy might bark just tо get a treat оr tо go оutѕidе. If уоu want them tо have nеithеr, соnѕiѕtеntlу ignoring them will probably brеаk the bеhаviоr pattern. If thе bаrking does nоt wоrk and thеу do not gеt whаt they wаnt, thеу will рrоbаblу stop the bаrking.
Few Ways To Keep Your Pet Calm on 4th Of July
By Melanie Hagenbuch // Jun 29, 2017
- Don’t take your pet along with you to watch your city’s fireworks display. You might find this fun and exciting, but your pet will find it nothing but pure terrifying torture and won’t understand what is going on. Remember how sensitive an animal’s hearing is, as compared to a human’s and be considerate of your pet’s comfort. In addition, pets are creatures of habit and love a stable routine, of which Fourth of July fireworks are anything but.
- Keep your pets indoors at home in a sheltered, quiet area while you party. Be mindful that Fourth of July celebrations aren’t always confined to your local city’s scheduled fireworks displays. Even neighborhood firecrackers, loud music, and block party celebrations can scare pets. In this case, it’s best to keep your pet confined to a quiet room in the house that he feels comfortable in, with his bed, a lot of chew toys, and some comforting white noise left on, like the TV or music, to mask foreign noises, and to keep him company while you’re out. Remember too that some animals can become destructive when frightened, involuntarily eliminating or defecating in fear, or displacing their anxiety by chewing, scratching, digging, and so on, so be sure that you’ve removed any items in the room you leave your pet in that your pet could destroy or that would be harmful to your pet if he chewed it.
- Ensure your pet is safely confined in a spot they will feel comfortable in. Some pets can become so upset or frantic by loud noises that they simply want to bolt. Dogs can be very ingenious, and can find very clever ways to get out of rooms, houses, or fenced yards, only to become lost or worse. One such tragic story recounts what happened when a 2 year old dog, left at home alone while her family was out for only four hours to celebrate the Fourth of July, escaped from the house and fenced backyard. The family returned home to feces on the living room floor, an open sliding glass door, and a hole under their fence. Only days later did they find their dog, dead, on the side of a road where she was often walked. “From what we can tell, when she heard the fireworks she freaked out and pooped on the floor inside—for the first time ever—then she opened the sliding glass door with her paw, and dug a hole outside our fence…. She went searching for us.”
- If you know that your pet is seriously distressed by loud noises like thunder, and there is no safe/quiet haven in your house, consult with your veterinarian before July 4th for alternative ways to help alleviate the fear and anxiety he or she will experience during fireworks displays.
- Never leave your pets outside unattended, even in a fenced yard or on a chain. In their fear by the unusual loud noises and lights of fireworks, pets who normally wouldn’t leave the yard may escape and become lost, or become entangled in their chain, risking injury or death.
- Don’t let your pet help you with the Bar-B-Q! Keep your pet away from grills, charcoal and lighter fluid. Sunscreen, insect repellent and citronella candles can also hurt your pet.
- Even though you’re indulging, resist the urge to indulge your pet! Your pet will most likely happily eat up anything you give him, but remember that onions, salt, avocados and chocolate can all be fatally toxic to dogs and cats. In all of the festivities and crazy activity, it can be hard to keep track of what your pet has eaten, or what guests have “spoiled” him with, and too much “people food” can make your pet very sick.
- If you suspect that your pet has ingested a toxic substance, or is displaying signs of overindulgence: Contact your vet or the 24-hour Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-426-4435.
- Make sure your pets are wearing identification tags so that if they do become lost, they can be returned promptly. Animals found running loose without any identification should be taken to the local animal shelter, where they will have the best chance of being reunited with their owners.
- • Give them something fun to do during the main event, suggests Few Simple Tricks to Keep Your Dog Amused
, like play with a treat-filled Kong ball or their favorite toy.
Few Simple Tricks to Keep Your Dog Amused When You’re Not Home
By Ben Ashel // Jun 20, 2017
Few Simple Tricks to Keep Your Dog Amused When You’re Not Home
We all know the heartbreaking feeling of leaving our pets at home for the day. Our furbabies — especially dogs — seem to absolutely hate it when we leave, and live for the moment we return. Though they’re obviously capable of being alone for a few hours at a time, loving pet owners hate the idea of their dogs being bored at home all day while they’re away at work. But with a little planning and some creativity, there are numerous ways to keep your pup entertained throughout the day, even if you’re not there with them. Here are a couple fun ideas to try.
|1. Let your dog watch television.
Turn on your TV to the Animal Planet™ station and up the volume. The sights and sounds of barking dogs and mewing cats helps to stimulate your dog’s brain in a quiet house, keeping her from finding ways to get in trouble.
2. Give your dog a puzzle.
There are loads of interactive dog toys on the market that will keep your dog occupied for hours. The one’s we like best are from Nina Ottosson.
3. Provide ways your dog can look through a window or door.
Open the curtains or blinds to a back window in your home so that your pooch can watch whatever is going on outside your back door. If you have a small dog or a toy breed, set a cushion or chair by the window so that your pup is comfortably able to see out.
4. Scavenger Hunt.
Make your dog hunt for her meals by hiding stuffed food puzzle toys or small piles of her kibble around your house.
Scatter a couple of handfuls of kibble in the areas where your dog hangs out during the day and she’ll have fun hunting her treats while you’re at work. You can also hide one of her meals or puzzle toy right before you leave home so that she learns to associate your leaving for the day with a positive – as opposed to a negative – emotion.
5. Make A “Busy Bucket”
Petful offers another fantastic idea for keeping your dog entertained: Make a busy bucket. In a sturdy aluminum bucket, place a couple of your dog’s favorite treats. Then, add some of his favorite toys, waded-up washcloths and other objects that you don’t mind getting a little slobbery. He’ll have to attempt to take everything out in order to get to the treats below.
6. Tire Your Dog Out In The Morning.
Finally, every pet parent knows that tiring your pup out is the surest way to take up doggie hours. In the mornings, get in the habit of taking your furry friend for long walks or playing some fetch outside. This will make a huge difference in your dog’s day. He’ll get to use up some of that pent-up energy, and will also be able to spend more of the day sleeping. And besides, some early-morning exercise is good for you, too!
**A disclaimer: Make sure that if you’re leaving treats behind for your pup, they’re easy to eat and digest! Peanut butter balls and other soft foods are ideal (as long as you know your dog isn’t allergic), as they carry a very low risk of choking. Small treats are usually fine, but it’s never recommended to leave your dog alone with a bone or large treat.
FEW TIPS TO KEEP YOUR PUP COAT SHINY & HEALTHY
Melanie Hagenbuch // Jun 12, 2017
No. 1: Pay attention to what’s in your dog’s food.
Dogs who are eating low-quality commercial dog foods or homemade diets that aren’t properly balanced may not be getting the proper nutrients they need for a healthy and shiny coat. Low-fat diets may also cause an omega-6 deficit that in turn results in coarse, dry hair. Check the label of your dog food to see which ingredients and how much omega-6 is included. Grains, especially genetically modified grains, sometimes don’t bode well with pups and can also cause skin issues.
No. 2 : Follow a proper bathing routine.
Based on your dog’s breed and personal needs, he may need a different bathing schedule than other dogs. Some dogs have skin that can only be shampooed and bathed once every few months. Other dogs need weekly baths!
No. 3 :Coconut Oil supplements.
A lot of the benefits that coconut oil has for humans applies to dogs as well! In addition to helping with digestive health and preventing infection, a regular addition of coconut oil can help improve skin and coat
No 4: Herbal remedies.
Horsetail and spirulina are two options that you could give a go for your pup. Horsetail contains silica, which helps with the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, and fur. Spirulina contains B vitamins and carotenoids that support healthy skin as well. Be sure to check with your vet on dosage if you’re considering using herbal remedies.
No 5: Talk to your vet.
If your dog has itchy skin issues, it could quite possibly be allergies. They may recommend treatments for dry, itchy skin or a change in diet. Ultimately each dog is different so make sure you’re doing what’s
best for your pup!
Few Tips To Deal With Teething Puppy
Ben Ashel // Jun 5, 2017
Few Tips To Deal With Teething Puppy
Tip Number 1:
Offer frozen mini bagels, plain or fruit variety, not onion.
Allowing them to chew, and eventually consume, the bagels helps to numb the gingiva,
easing discomfort. The denseness of the bagel may actually help to remove loose baby teeth.
Tip Number 2:
Cold carrots, while offering vitamins and minerals, may help relieve discomfort.
Just don’t offer more than one whole carrot a day, because of its high fiber content.
Tip Number 3:
Frozen fruit, such as strawberries or bits of banana.
The “cold pack” may help relieve oral discomfort and the fruit is edible, although it might get a little messy.
Tip Number 4:
Wet a dishrag or towel, twist it into a rope-like shape and freeze.
The cold helps relieve oral discomfort, and the chewiness of the towel helps encourage proper biting behavior.
Tip Number 5:
Offer puppy-specific toys, such as a Chilly Bone or Kong. These can also be frozen.
> Don’t ever take over-the-counter pain medications without the express permission of your veterinarian.
Even holistic remedies, such as clove oil, are not recommended for puppies.
> Don’t give ice cubes to puppies. Puppy teeth are fragile and more likely to break.
> Do take your pet to the veterinarian to check the occlusion of the teeth as the puppy ages.
Your veterinarian will address any malalignment quickly to prevent permanent issues when your puppy becomes an adult dog.
HOW TO DEAL WITH PICKY EATERS
Melanie Hagenbuch // May 23, 2017
HOW TO DEAL WITH PICKY EATERS
Finicky ( Picky ) Puppies: Tips To Help You Help Your New Puppy Eat
No. 1 : don’t freak out, its OK!
No. 2: If you have not done so already, give your puppy some NutriCal. Place a pea sized amount of
NutriCal on your finger and let the puppy lick it off, if it does not lick it by itself
you can swab it on the roof of its mouth.
No. 3 : if you notice that your puppy isn’t eating well, try to feed him wet food first and mix it with his dry food.
its also possible to mix it with wet cat food.
No. 4 : if the wet food doesn’t work for your puppy, you can try boneless chicken thighs or chicken liver,
boiled in hot water (NO SEASONING!) for 5 minutes. Let it cool off and mix it in with the dry kibble.
No 5: if your puppy still doesn’t wanna eat, it will be recommended to go check it with your veterinarian.
The most important this to keep in mind is that a teacup puppy is like a baby. It needs to feel that you will always love it
and be there to take care of it no matter what. Never yell, punish or hit your teacup puppy if it doesn’t get the point right away.
Use only positive reinforcement methods with treats and voice praises and don’t give up!
Admin // Apr 6, 2017
Since the domestication of the canine species, many myths and alleged fun facts have surfaced. Here, I will help you put a few of them to rest.
Did you know that most people believe dogs to be colorblind? That is in fact, not the case. Most dogs can see slight colors, primaraly blues, greens, yellows and shades of grey. Maybe that’s why dogs like tennis balls so much..
Ever heard that dogs mouth is cleaner than a human’s? This myth actually stems from the fact that dogs mouths consist of “dog” germs that are usually harmless for humans, but that doesn’t mean where your dogs mouth has been is clean! Licking the concrete, eating grass, lapping up dirty rain water, sampling the neighboring dog’s poop are all things that can transfer germs from your dogs mouth to yours. Keep those pearly whites brushed!
“You can’t teach an old dog new tricks”, this is a very common saying that I have personally used as a joke, but it is not necessarily true. Although old dogs can be stuck in their ways, and grumpy, (Hey, doesn’t that sound like someone you know?) training with you is a great way to make and keep connections with your dog. It builds trust between the both of you and most of the time it can be very rewarding when a dog knows they are doing something that makes you happy!
Puppy Goes Home – A Short Story
By Admin // Mar 29, 2017
The lights came on, waking me from my deep sleep. I untangle myself from my siblings and stretch out my stubby legs. And I’m up! Big day today, I think. Time to show my new family I am the one for them! I look around and see the other pups waking up as well and look around for some water. *Grumble grumble*I let out a surprised yip, I’m hungry! I dance with happiness as I see our foster mom bringing us our food! “Yum, yum, yum,” I bark! As soon as I can reach the food, I gobble it all up. Now, I am full and ready to take on the day! The door is opening, and here she comes! I rush to the edge of my puppy crib and jump up.
“Me! Pick me, I promise to do well.” Foster mom must have decided someone else was a better fit because she passed by me and picked up my neighbor. That’s alright; I will get picked next time! The door opened again and here she comes! Is it my turn yet? It is, oh joy! I jump into her arms and she takes me with her. I am placed in a new area, and I immediately see the people who might take me home. How wonderful that would be, no? I pick myself up and with my head held high I strut over to them.
“Please take me home with you, I promise to do the best I can and love you with all my little heart.” They coo at me and I think they like me, but all too soon I am taken back and put back in my home. Ah well I think, I know the right family will come for me. I see a little later that my neighbor still has not returned, and that makes me sad because I will miss her. I hope she loves her family as I know I will. I lie down next to my brother, and rest my head on his back. He grumbles a bit, but soon goes back to sleep. I close my eyes, all this excitement is so tiring.
Suddenly I feel weightless and I open my eyes to see myself being taken back out to the playroom, am I meeting someone new? I am again set down and I look to my right and see the person I am being introduced to. My heart stops, she is the one. She is my new mother, I can feel it. My little tail starts to wag, faster and faster with the beat of my heart and the happiness that threatens to take over my entire being. The lovely lady picks me up and looks into my soul. I say, my heart belongs to you. She responded, and even though can’t understand her; I know she has chosen me. My heart overflows with love as my new mom says,
“She is the one.”
Puppy Heaven Back to School!
By Rachelle Van Duser // Aug 29, 2016
It’s that time of year again! Back to School is here and we have the perfect solution to those Back to School stressful first weeks – PUPPIES! Take some time out to go to our website at Puppy Heaven toy puppies and put a smile on your face when you see our adorable newest puppy additions. We have two locations to serve you – One in Los Angeles and one in Las Vegas, NV. Call us now to set up your private teacup puppy showing today!
Puppy Heaven Teacup Yorkie
By Rachelle Van Duser // Aug 16, 2016
TEACUP YORKIE – Yorkshire, Northern England
Normally Teacup puppies and Teacup dogs are to be just companion pets, but in the case of the Yorkshire, Teacup breeds their original purpose was different. Produced during the 19th century a rat catcher in Yorkshire, England mills the dog, but eventually, people found out that it can be an excellent pet. A look at Teacup dog breeds list shows that most dogs have one progenitor; however the Yorkshire has three different ancestors.
During its, early days of existence, any dog that has the shape of Terrier with a long coat that has the color of blue along with fawn and silver head, as well as legs mixed with tall trimmed ears, is considered a Yorkshire. But in the latter years of the 1860s a woman named Mary Ann Foster, who owned a Yorkshire Terrier named “Huddersfield Ben” brought her pet to several dog shows, became famous. The result of this popularity is that Huddersfield Ben’s breed type became the defined measuring standard for the Yorkies small dogs.
A Yorkies’ dominant physical trait is their coat. A significant emphasis is placed on the quality, color and texture of their coat. (Note that this also applies to Yorkshire Teacup puppies.) The color of the coat should be dark gray to black. Hair must be bright, rich tan with dark roots in its head, legs and high chest. Some dogs have extra fine or wooly coats. Because of their long-haired coat Yorkies, need regular brushing to prevent knotting. To give the dog more ease in moving and have a neater appearance some dog owners trim their fur.
Yorkies are a dog that is easy to train due to their nature. Its personality is both emotionally and mentally secure. Also, they can attention-getters, curious, active and overprotective. They are best suitable for families with older children. Physical and mental stimulation along with limited exercise will keep the dog fit. Adaptability to all surroundings makes this an ideal pet for any home. The dog gives the impression of a “carriage very upright and “conveying an important air” though it can bark a lot like any other small dogs.
Teacup Puppies Clothes Buying Tips
By Dani // Mar 10, 2014
1. Teacup Puppies Dog-clothes shopping are much like shopping for your own kids. Some basic elements you should look for are quality, style and fit. Oh, yeah, the price too!
2. Also like in human beings, Teacup Puppies dog clothes should suit to your dog’s personality. If you have an athletic dog puppy, he might need some active or sporty dog coats that are designed to allow him move freely in intense activities. While for small breeds dogs going outside less often, delicate teacup dog leather collars, and fancy teacup dog bandannas maybe the best buy for him or her.
3. Avoid teacup dog puppy clothes with zippers or buttons which pose potential choking hazard to your pets. Velcro snaps are a much better choice, as they are self-sticking and are quite adjustable to allow for perfect fit on your puppy.
4.Look at the quality; teacup puppies dog clothing must be strong enough to handle the occasional bites and scratches from the your little dog puppy.
5. . Look at the designs; Teacup puppies dog clothing should leave enough opening underside to allow your dog to do his business.
6. Look at the fabrics; Teacup puppies dog clothes should be easy to wash and do not shrink easily.
7.Look at the lining; Teacup dog puppies clothing should have clean lines that are less likely to get caught on things
8. Shop with knowledgeable merchant (either in your local pet store or search for cheap Teacup puppies dog clothes online). Ask questions whenever you can, and don’t make purchase decision until all your concerns are answered.
9. Shop with sellers who are specializing in Teacup puppies dog clothes or supplies. You may not want to buy from someone selling DVDs and discount Teacup puppies dog clothes at the same time.
10. Lastly, remember to have fun when you are shopping for your loved ones!
Summer Fun For Micro Teacup Puppies
By Dani // Mar 8, 2014
We know you might not think it is summer yet if you live in Alaska, but here in Los Angeles California the sun is shining and by looking at the traffic on Venice Beach, summer is at the door.
So, in order to enjoy with your teacup puppy in a fun and safe way we have suggested few things you can do with your small dog over the hot summer months.
Keep in mind not all teacup dogs and puppies are the same and enjoy same games, so be sure to slowly introduce your Micro dog or puppy to the new game and don’t push too much if you see your little pooch doesn’t seem to enjoy that much.
Let the fun begin:
1. Water activities! Keep in mind and remember that your little Teacup Micro dog cannot sweat the way human does. He or she is going to need some help cooling off in very hot days.
Put your bathing suit on, turn on the sprinklers in your front or back yard and take your Tiny puppy for a little run. We bet both you and pooch will feel much cooler and relaxed!
* Extra fun tip: Set your video camera and record a video of you guys having a blast, than share it with friends and family on Youtube and Facebook.
2. Change your walking hours! When temperatures reach 85 degrees and up, walking your teacup dog or puppy in the middle of the day might be a bit exhausting for both you and your puppy. Instead, try to walk together early in the morning or later at night when its not so hot anymore. This way both of you are going to enjoy the walk and can spend longer time together.
*Extra fun tip: Invite your mother to walk with guys. She would appreciate your company and could use the exercise.
3. Learn to swim! Most little dogs and puppies will love taking a swim in the pool in those hot and dry days. The only problem is not all of them will develop the swimming instinct on their own. Teaching your pooch to swim is good for both fun and safety and will definitely make both you and pooch forget how hot everything is outside the water.
Safety tip: Be sure to be inside the water yourself and introduce your puppy to the water slowly until you see it feels comfortable with everything.
4. Learn a new trick! The summertime is a great time to teach your dog a new trick or two. A short trip to the park, fistful of treats and a simple training book is really all you need. Sure your little puppy knows how to sit, come, and stay, but there are countless others you guys can learn together. Maybe it is time for him to learn how to bring you the newspaper, or get your favorite slippers from the bedroom. Maybe it is time for him to learn to ring the doorbell. Maybe it is even time to learn silly tricks like playing dead or balancing food on his nose. No matter what trick you choose, remember to enjoy the learning process itself and the quality time with pooch.
Tip: We recommend the Maran Illustrated Dog Training book, available on Amazon.com
Teacup Puppy Potty Training
By Admin // Mar 3, 2014
So, To make it a bit easier on you, we have composed our wonderful and easy to follow 6 steps teacup Puppies Potty Training guide. Simply follow these easy steps and you are sure to succeed.
No. 1 : Be consistent. The key is to follow one technique and stick to that hoping your teacup puppy sooner or later will get the point and eventually will bepotty trained. If you are having hard time with the training, enroll your new teacup puppy in puppy training school. However, do not switch programs repeatedly. This will confuse your puppy (and you) about what you’re trying to achieve in the long run. We suggest trying it yourself first using the MARAN Illustrated Dog Trainning Guide (Available on Amazon.com) for 4 weeks before giving up to trainning classes.
No. 2 : Decide if it’s potty training inside or outside you are interested in before beginning with your teacup puppy training . potty training Inside can be reinforced with crates and paper training methods. Outside potty training can be reinforced with regular walks and practice that makes your pup understand it can pee only outdoors. Once you stick to a regimen, don’t change track.
No. 3 : Use the word ‘Outside’ and make sure your puppy understands its significance. When you say ‘Outside’ in a firm and excited tone, your puppy will correlate it with pee timing and soon, will be potty trained.
No. 4 : Designate a place indoors and outdoors and leave it covered with papers and crates.
No. 5 : Don’t give up. Be consistent. Consistency is really important for you to achieve sound results in the end. Keep saying and doing the same things over and again, and your puppy will soon understand what you want it to do.
No. 6 : Do not underestimate your puppy. With a few weeks of practice, they’ll successfully be potty trained and your house will be a poop-free place to live in!
The most important this to keep in mind is that a teacup puppy is like a baby. It needs to feel that you will always love it and be there to take care of it no matter what. Never yell, punish or hit your teacup puppy if it doesnt get the point right away.
Use only positive reinforcive methods with treats and voice praises.